Infrared Applications for Building Science
Training Location: NYSWDA Training Center - 5869 Fisher Road, East Syracuse, NY 13057
Please note we are strictly following the Governor's guidelines. If your NY region is designated a "Red Zone" we are unable to take those attendees for in-house training. Conversely, if WE become a "Red Zone" we will be unable to conduct in-house training. Trainees from other states are allowed only if they are not on the travel ban list for New York state.
As part of the COVID-19 state and federal protocols, NYSWDA has developed a Safety Plan to ensure the safety of you and your staff. Below are listed the measures being taken to secure the safety of your staff as well as ours.
Please read and follow NYSWDA Re-Opening Safety Protocols . We are taking our re-opening very seriously. These measures are for your safety as well as our staff. No exceptions to these protocols will be allowed!
In addition, all attendees will be required to complete a Student Screening Checklist prior to attending the class.
This training is for;
Weatherization Auditors, Post Inspectors, Field Staff, and Building Home Performance Contractors
This 2-day training involves both classroom and hands-on field sessions. The attendees, upon completion of the training, will have an understanding of basic heat and building science theory necessary for thermal work related to residential energy efficiency. In addition, learning how to best utilize the imaging equipment they have, and how to develop new uses and processes. As well as be able to employ the equipment to perform blower door assisted air sealing practices, residential energy audit inspections and post inspections.
- Introductions and Overview
- Various uses of IR Imaging
- Energy properties related to movement and detection
- Explanation of related IR terms and their context (Emissivity/Black bodies, IR spectrum, reflectance, emittance & transmittance)
- Hands-on camera work & exercises in classroom
- Review of typical imager features
- Describe how energy moves and is influenced as it moves through a residential structure
- Determine whether to take internal and external thermal images
- Using Imagers to detect thermal and pressure boundary issues
- Understanding thermal images and characteristics they may be showing
- Generating Reports and collecting data
- Generating a routine
- Review day one
- Comparing images to issues
- Prepare imagers to produce and image
- The NYSWDA Infrared Golf Course Thermal
- The NYSWDA Infrared Golf Course Pressure (with Blower Door)
- Discussion about the hands-on images
- Review and selection of the most useful features/processesÂÂ
July 20-21, 2021 / 9:00am - 4:30pm
Attendees must bring their IR camera with charged batteries. Depending on conditions, a portion of the training may be held outside. so bring appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.
Class Size; 6
BPI CEU; 8
Instructor; Al McMahon - Infraspection Level 1 Thermographers/NYSWDA trainer
$375/person - NY Weatherization Sub-grantees
$375/person - affiliate members
$750/person - non-members
**Special note - if you wish to become an Affiliate Member, and save off the non-member rate, please contact Drew Ehrlich (315-701-0440 ext. 225, email@example.com) BEFORE YOU REGISTER for the course.
Click here to register