NOTE: EmPCalc v5.8 is a mandatory upgrade due to the new features and bug fixes that were completed. New projects submitted after November 1, 2020, using the updated EmPCalc v5.7 or earlier will be returned requesting that the updated version be used. Approved in-progress projects may continue through project completion using the EmPCalc version of the initial submission.
New to EmPCalc v5.8:
- All non-AHP Direct Install data is now deleted when that is selected as the Project Type.
- Invoice and Approval tabs now correctly include costs for Attic Accessories added to the Health & Safety tab and Fireproofing. (Only effects EmPower Projects)
EmPCalc v.5.8 can be used for both EmPower and HPwES projects.
Versioning: Updates will be made in groups of measures and contractors will be notified when we publish updates. The latest version is below:
- EmPCalc v.5.8.1→ rev. 10.23.2020
General – Unlocked the Express Contract Project ID cell so an ID number can be added when EmPCalc is first opened up.
All non-AHP Direct Install data is now deleted when that is selected as the Project Type.
Invoice and Approval tabs now correctly include costs for Attic Accessories added to the Health & Safety tab and Fireproofing. (Only effects EmPower Projects)
General – Modified how attic insulation accessory costs are allocated in the Health and Safety tab for EmPower projects. Attic Ventilation, and Attic Insulation related measures entered in the Health and Safety tab will now be added to Attic insulation measure(s) and SIR for EmPower projects.
AHPDI projects – Modified tool to restrict MUNI electric customer’s from accessing AHPDI incentives.
Modeling Limitations: Development of EmPCalc is ongoing, there are still some measures that cannot yet be modeled. We will continue to add capabilities (see list below) and roll them out as they are completed. For projects needing the capabilities listed an alternate modeling software will need to be used.
- Boiler pipe insulation
- Duct Insulation
- Duct Sealing
- Storm Windows
- Window Insulation
- Exterior Doors
- Storm Doors
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer*
- Multiple water heater replacements
- Multiple heating system replacements
- Any insulation surfaces that are not in the current insulation drop-down menus or any unique insulation scenarios cannot currently be modeled in HPXML Compliant EmPCalc. Alternative modeling software will need to be used.
*Note: The NY HP Portal does not support clothes dryer improvements. While the measure was left in EmPCalc, it should only be used on EmPower projects not HPwES or AHP or Market Rate projects. If the measure is mistakenly exported into a .XML file and uploaded to the HP Portal the user will receive the error below. To fix this error simply delete the dryer data on the Dryer Conversion tab.
- Measure ‘clothes-dryer-measure-1’ must have between 1 and 1 installed_system system(s) only, or a valid MeasureCode
Notes Tab: The Notes Section (tab) in this version of EmPCalc works differently than the non-HPXML compliant EmPCalc in that you cannot edit the notes. The Notes tab in our HPXML compliant EmPCalc is used as a catch-all for notes entered throughout EmPCalc. For example, if you were to propose a Health & Safety measure on the Health & Safety tab, under the measure description, that description would populate in the Notes tab. If there are notes that you would like our Reviewers to see please enter them directly in the NYHP Portal.
Feedback: We need your feedback to make this tool better. All constructive feedback should be sent to Earl Hicks (Earl.Hicks@clearesult.com) and cc Pete Hoke (Peter.Hoke@clearesult.com) with the following information:
- Contractor Name
- Project ID
- Explanation of issue
- Screen shots as applicable
- HPXML Compliant EmPCalc 5.3 Reference Guide 02.06.2019 → 02.06.2019
- Audit Report Documentation EmPCalc 5.3.4 → 10.14.2019