Welcome to the NYSERDA HPwES Program!
Congratulations on becoming a contractor in NYSERDA’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) Program! Your first step should be to fill out and return the materials received in your Welcome email from NYSERDA. These materials include a NYSERDA EFT Form, W-9, and Contractor Profile Survey to be returned to NYSERDA.
Shortly after receiving your Welcome email from NYSERDA, you will receive a Congratulations email from CLEAResult. This email will include:
- Link to the New Contractor Training – HPwES Program Orientation Recordings
- Your Account Manager name
- Link to CLEAResult’s Contractor Support and Help Center – http://hpwescontractorsupport.com
- Request for Modeling Software selection and Software Guide PDF (if not previously selected)
- So What’s Next Brochure PDF
- Energy Finance Solutions (EFS) New Contractor Documents links
Your company will need to select an approved energy auditing software. Several software modeling options are now accepted by the NY Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program. For a list of approved software visit CRM Section 11.2c. Before making a purchase check if there are any Program limitations to its use (e.g. audit only). Most have trial periods that allow the user to try before you buy. Keep in mind that all software is different and that data input will vary – as will the ease of adding improvements to the building model. Additionally, software with fewer inputs tend to have more generalized reports. Be sure to inquire about the type of customer support offered in the event you have questions for the software developers. The software guide helps you compare options to find the software that best fits your business. For additional information or purchasing inquiries, please work directly with the software companies.
Next your Account Manager will be in touch to set up a New Contractor Initial Meeting. Several tasks must be completed prior to holding this meeting. It is requested the contractor:
- Review the New Contractor Process section on the Contractor Support website
- Read through the Contractor Resource Manual (CRM) once again and familiarize yourself with the table of contents (or search functionality in the PDF version). This valuable resource details the Program in depth, from incentive and financing options to Program software use – and much more.
- Specifically read the Contractor Participation Agreement again and ensure you understand all components you’ve agreed to per becoming a HPwES participating contractor.
- Watch the New Contractor Training – HPwES Program Orientation Recordings. Additionally, the recorded webinar has been segmented into agenda topics and available for viewing individually; click the hyperlinks in the agenda below to view the individual topic videos:
- Getting Started
- Contractor Help Center Tutorial
- Setting Your Business Up for Success!
- Consumer Incentives: HEMI & AHP
- Consumer Financing Options
- During the Comprehensive Home Assessment
- Submitting Audits for Incentive
- After the Comprehensive Home Assessment
- How to Upload Projects to the HP Portal for Approval
- Project Completion & Testing Out
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Upon reviewing and reading the materials listed above, prepare a list of questions to review with your Account Manager during the New Contractor Initial Meeting.
As a participating contractor, both you and your customers are eligible for various Program incentives. Read more about them by clicking the links below: