Audit Report Feature: We are pleased to announce the release of EmPCalc v.5.3.42 with the new Audit Reporting feature. The Audit Report feature generates an audit report that meets the requirements of a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® AHP or Market Rate audit.
The audit report PDF generated from this version of EmPCalc can be uploaded with utility usage to claim audit incentives in the HPwES Express Audit workflow in the NY HP Portal. Those that attended the NYSERDA Regional Meetings in September were provided a sneak peak of a draft report.
EmPCalc v.5.3.42 can be used for both EmPower and HPwES projects.
Versioning: Updates will be made in groups of measures and contractors will be notified when we publish updates. The latest version is below:
- EmPCalc v.5.3.42 → rev. 10.29.2019
Modeling Limitations: Development of EmPCalc is ongoing, there are still some measures that cannot yet be modeled. We will continue to add capabilities (see list below) and roll them out as they are completed. For projects needing the capabilities listed an alternate modeling software will need to be used.
- Boiler pipe insulation
- Duct Insulation
- Duct Sealing
- Central Air Source Heat Pump
- Central Air Conditioner (split system)
- Mini Split (Ductless) Air Conditioner
- Room Air Conditioner
- Storm Windows
- Window Insulation
- Exterior Doors
- Storm Doors
- Clothes Washer
- Clothes Dryer*
- Multiple water heater replacements
- Multiple heating system replacements
- Any insulation surfaces that are not in the current insulation drop-down menus or any unique insulation scenarios cannot currently be modeled in HPXML Compliant EmPCalc. To model those scenarios there are two options: For EmPower projects, use non-HPXML compliant EmPCalc. For HPwES Express Contract projects, use alternative modeling software.
*Note: The NY HP Portal does not support clothes dryer improvements. While the measure was left in EmPCalc, it should only be used on EmPower projects not HPwES or AHP or Market Rate projects. If the measure is mistakenly exported into a .XML file and uploaded to the HP Portal the user will receive the error below. To fix this error simply delete the dryer data on the Dryer Conversion tab.
- Measure ‘clothes-dryer-measure-1’ must have between 1 and 1 installed_system system(s) only, or a valid MeasureCode
Notes Tab: The Notes Section (tab) in this version of EmPCalc works differently than the non-HPXML compliant EmPCalc in that you cannot edit the notes. The Notes tab in our HPXML compliant EmPCalc is used as a catch-all for notes entered throughout EmPCalc. For example, if you were to propose a Health & Safety measure on the Health & Safety tab, under the measure description, that description would populate in the Notes tab. If there are notes that you would like our Reviewers to see please enter them directly in the NYHP Portal.
Feedback: We need your feedback to make this tool better. All constructive feedback should be sent to Evan Roz (Evan.Roz@clearesult.com) and cc Pete Hoke (Peter.Hoke@clearesult.com) with the following information:
- Contractor Name
- Project ID
- Explanation of issue
- Screen shots as applicable
- HPXML Compliant EmPCalc 5.3 Reference Guide 02.06.2019 → 02.06.2019
- Audit Report Documentation EmPCalc 5.3.4 → 10.14.2019